Sunday, December 21, 2008

RepStrap: first parts made...

I began building some of the bulk pieces last week. So far I have used a dremel / dremel drill press, coping saw, and drill. I already had the dremel. All other tools cost me a combined $80 dollars. The parts themselves are made up of poplar, wood glue, and aluminum square. I got the idea for building pieces this way from Bruce Wattendorf. He has a lot of images up on here. These images were a lot of help when deciding how to create the replicated parts myself.

A quick calculation shows that I have made about 40% of the replicated parts I need at this point. I would say this is good progress for a few weeks worth of spare time work.

No comments:

Post a Comment